Civil Services in India
- Recruitment for various posts in WBPSC
WBPSC has issued a notification for recruitment of various vacancies via the examination of Miscellaneous Services Recruitment Examination. Last Date of Online Registration are 19 October 2012Read More
- Notification of UPSC Geologist Examination 2012
Last date to apply online application in UPSC is on or before 15-10-2012. Read More
- Recruitment of IES and ISS in UPSC
Last date to apply online application in UPSC is on or before 01-10-2012Read More
- Recruitment for Officer/Engineer/Junior interpreter in UPSC
Last date to apply online application in UPSC is on or before 30-08-2012Read More
- Recruitment for Assistant Grade3 in SSC FCI
SSC offers 5000 vacancirs for Assistant Grade3 in FCI. Read More
- Recruitment in Indian Institute of Petroleum (IIP) :2011
Last date to apply in Indian Institute of Petroleum (IIP) is till 26/12/2011. More information and application form can be collected from given site. Read More
Civil services comes under a branch of government service that is a service full of great respect along with responsibilities.
Union Public Services Commission (UPSC) has the responsibility for conducting the Civil Services exams in India. Every year Union Public Services Commission conduct exams in order to select candidates for the All India Civil Services and The Central Civil Services.
The Civil Services examination is one of the most prestigious exam conducted by UPSC. Its examination procedure consist of three phases:
- The first phase: It constitute the Preliminary phase that is held in May every year.This examination consist of multiple choice questions, comprises with four options .There are two papers of two hours each.The first paper consiting of 150 multiple choice question of General studies,which covers only six-topics -the constitution of India,History ,Geography, Economics, Science and Current affairs.The second paper is based on the optional subject chosen by the candidate.
- The second phase: The second procedure of the selection in UPSC Civil Services is the "Mains". It is for the selection of candidate for All India Services namely IAS and IPS along with it also offers various Group A and B posts examination in Central Services.Those who qualifies in written exans have to face Personal Interview(PI).It compries of written examination of three hours for nine subjective papers.
- The third phase: The third phase includes Interview, that is held in March/April.This is the phase where a candidate feel immense joy and apprehension for a candidate who qualified both the first ( Preliminary phase) and second (Mains phase).
The Government Civil Services in India recruits for three types of services:
All India Services
- Indian Administrative Services (IAS)
- Indian Police Services (IPS)
Central Civil Services - Group A: It includes various services such as Indian Foreign Service, Indian Revenue Service (IRS), Indian Audits & Accounts Service, Indian Audits & Accounts Service, Indian Audits & Accounts Service, Indian Information Service etc.
Central Civil Services - Group B: It includes Union Territories Administrative Service ,Union Territories Police Service,Central Secretariat Service etc.
Some of the major benefits of Government Medical Jobs in India are: